Here are some things that are on my heart as we navigate this season and bring to a close the 3 day global fast.
1. It is finished. When Christ died and rose again His victory was full and complete. We are that generation long spoken of whose lives get to testify to that Truth.
“His generation yet to be born will glorify Him. And they will all declare, “It is finished!” Psalm 22:31 TPT
2. It is imperative that we deal with this from our true positioning because from that place we will have perspective.
“And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.” Ephesians 2:6-7 NIV
From this place we will not operate in fear; but in the love, peace and joy of the Kingdom (Romans 14:17)!
3. One of the somewhat cheesy, yet absolutely true words that we came into 2020 with was that it is time to truly see. In order to see, we must buy eye salve (Revelations 3:18 ). There are many way that we “buy” eye salve in the Spirit, which I reserve to share on more fully another time, but I’ll mention here one important way relevant to us right now: repentance and returning. I believe that as we repent, it is a turning to the Lord, and the veils that obscure our vision are removed.
“But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.” 2 Corinthians 3:16 NIV. This is not limited to the moment of receiving salvation, but continues to happen as we grow into the fullness of salvation’s prize- fellow heirs with Christ of the Kingdom of God.
There are many things we should be repenting about right now and my prayer is that Holy Spirit will bring deep conviction among believers first, and to the rest of the world. As revival comes, it starts with our own hearts changing and being revived first. We have made our time on earth about ourselves and dressed it up so well, but now in all its nakedness it is exposed and yet there is time to repent and return. And in doing so we will see better, grow in humility, true justice and love. And as that happens, healing will flow like a river, broad and deep in the nations.
4. Do not underestimate the value of the Church being untangled from all her many plans right now, and being freed up to engage in the heavenlies at a time like this.
“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” Ephesians 6:12 NIV
We have this assurance,” Therefore, confess your sins to one another [your false steps, your offenses], and pray for one another, that you may be healed and restored. The heartfelt and persistent prayer of a righteous man (believer) can accomplish much [when put into action and made effective by God—it is dynamic and can have tremendous power].“ James 5:16 AMP
5. The earth groans for the revealing of the sons of God. Don’t dis-engage, there is no isolation or quarantine or distance in the Spirit. However you choose to address this in the physical in terms of social distancing or not, remember that your engagement in the Spirit is not negotiable as a believer in a time like this. Fast, pray, serve, give, prefer others. Remember too that there are no distance or time limitations in the Spirit. This past week I have gone in the Spirit, by faith, to the bedsides of those in isolation with Covid-19, prayed and released healing to them. I may never know what happened in this life time, and I share it now with no hype, it is all by faith. I fully believe we can and must engage with living supernatural lives that have no limit. Not only can we pray for the sick, but I believe we can engage in heavenly realms and release blueprints for medical treatments and even vaccines that cause this thing to stop. We can also take up our roles as spiritual gatekeepers and forbid the sickness from entering areas, we can also release breakthrough for entire regions at a time in the Spirit.
“A warrior filled with wisdom ascends into the high place and releases regional breakthrough, bringing down the strongholds of the mighty.” Proverbs 21:22 TPT
AHHHHH! I love this verse. I’ve been wrecked for months by the sheer potential it shouts out.
6. Learn the way of Rest. One of the other key prophetic words for 2020 is REST. It seems almost ironic right now, but Jesus could still a storm with a word and even sleep in the storm. He is rest. As we grow into and enter the divine rest of God, I believe the Kingdom realm will begin to explode in and through us. True rest is not a mere outward pause, but an internal state of being. Rest is a result of a heart full of joyful hope and a life lived in union with God.
7. You have a mandate and you are fully licensed to share Life and Hope. If you have a prophetic grace, prophesy. If you can pray, pray. If you can encourage, encourage. If you can reach out to those in need, do so. Lets flood the atmosphere with undiluted hope. Your voice counts and needs to be heard.